
Today is Christmas Day. On Christmas Eve, I recieved a shoebox from my aunt, uncle, and cousins full of change. I counted it and it was a total of $73.81! The part that touched me the most was my little cousin saying he "put $5 in to help poorer people".
Today is also my little sister's first Christmas home with her forever family from China. My heart is heavy, especially today, at the thought of millions of children worldwide going through this time of joy and celebrating with no homes or family.
This thought makes me want to work harder and harder to do what I can do to bring the treasure of Jesus Christ, the only way to a true forever home, to these children.
The Christmas Eve service that we attended was appropriately titled "Welcome Home". Jesus came to this Earth as a gateway to His Father, God in Heaven. He came as a pathway for everyone, no matter how young or old, or whatever circumstances they have endured, to be welcomed home by our Father. The service made it clear that no matter what one has done, God will welcome them into His home, forever.
In the words of Jesus:
"In the same way, it is not my heavenly Father's will that even one of these little ones should perish." ~Matthew 18:14
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." ~John 14:6
No comments:
Post a Comment