Thank you for visiting my blog! As you may know, I am going to Luoyang, China to visit Maria's Big House of Hope in August 2009 to care for orphans. This blog will reflect my journey through my travel to China and beyond - wherever God calls me. Please join me in caring God's children and orphans worldwide!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

God, Give Me Faith

God has great plans for me. I just know it. I don't know why but I can feel Him telling me to let Him take command of the ship. And I will. My deepest prayers are to do what He wants for me because His plans are greater than my own. I want to choose to listen to Him. I want to have the faith of Abraham, the faith of David, and the faith of so many untold Christians living out their faith.

This weekend my family went to our adoption travel group reunion. All of the little girls there were once orphans of this world, but not of their Heavenly Father. Their parents had enough faith in God to begin the three year or longer adoption process and bring home a child that they know nothing of except the name.

While we were driving towards the reunion, I was reading a book called the "Revolution of World Missions" about the missions field in Asia. All of a sudden, my two year old sister began signing "Jesus Loves Me". This child was once an orphan and alone in this world, a child who could not even hold her head up at a year, and who was left on a street corner at one day old knows that GOD LOVES HER! Her actions reminded me that my faith in God can break any barriers regardless of circumstances. Chills ran up my spine as I realized that God has a place for me in the missions field in Asia.

I would like to give my life to Him and follow where He leads me. I may be young but I hope to have the faith to spread the love of Jesus. It will be hard but I know that nothing with God is impossible. I will answer His call. I can only that faith that only He can provide. It will be a long, hard journey but I know that He will provide the faith to get to the wonderful prize. TO HIM.

Matthew 17:20
20 “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."