Thank you for visiting my blog! As you may know, I am going to Luoyang, China to visit Maria's Big House of Hope in August 2009 to care for orphans. This blog will reflect my journey through my travel to China and beyond - wherever God calls me. Please join me in caring God's children and orphans worldwide!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Getting Ready...

In a little over a week, I will be headed to China! I must say that I am a little nervous, this being my first time "out" of the country (Canada doesn't really count does it?) and on a "real" airplane! I have collecting some supplies for the kids over the past few days as well as buying travel-size shampoos and toothpastes. It is hard to believe that about one year ago, I found out about this trip and now it is less than two weeks away! I just counted $59.93 worth of change this morning to buy some supplies in addition to the supplies that my parents bought. I guess I should get back to packing...

By the way, I was checking the Show Hope Blog this morning and I found this really awesome video about the opening ceremony of Maria's Big House of Hope! Check it out!

MBHOH Grand Opening from Show Hope on Vimeo.