Thank you for visiting my blog! As you may know, I am going to Luoyang, China to visit Maria's Big House of Hope in August 2009 to care for orphans. This blog will reflect my journey through my travel to China and beyond - wherever God calls me. Please join me in caring God's children and orphans worldwide!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

About to head to China!

Hello, all!
This will be my first (and last) email/ blogpost from this side of the world! In a little less than five hours I will take off and head to Beijing! Boy, am I excited! From my hotel room in Newark, NJ, I can see New York City. I saw the lights turn on and the sunrise over the city. It was really cool!

I really like my group and we mesh really well. We stayed up to 11:30 last night talking in one of the hotel rooms... hopefully we sleep on the plane! A few flights were delayed but as Pa Ingalls would say in the Little House books, "All's well that ends well." 

Please continue to pray about the ministry that I am going to do in China. Pray for the nannies, Dr. and Mr. Hill, Wendy and Aimee (the leaders), all of the group members, the kids, and everyone else involved.

You may check out my blog (http://godsplanandmythoughts.blogspot.com/) for updates and pictures. I put a few up there of New York City!

God Bless and thank you!
Elizabeth Lenning