Day 7 was spent working at Maria's Big House. As soon as I woke up, I went to play with Roger and the other children in his room. Our group was given the job of painting the wall surrounding the property. While on through the infamous revolving door, I smashed my camera lens, my head, and my feet. Blood was all over! Thankfully I had another lens... After that, it was decided that I take a little break for a while. That night we went to Luoyang to eat dinner on our own and shop. It was a great way to get to know the Chinese culture a little bit more.
I enjoyed going shopping. I usually don't enjoy it but in China everything is more hectic and there is a lot more things to take in plus everything is much much cheaper! I especially enjoyed going to Carrefour, the "French Wal-Mart", it is crazy!
The group that I was going around with decided to go to McDonald's which was unfortunately across the road and six lanes of Chinese traffic! The Chinese wait for no one... bikes, cars, and buses just keep on moving. It was a very interesting experience, to say the least. At McDonald's we met a man by the name of Sam who could speak some English. It was pretty fun to talk to him!
On day 8, we went "one and a half to two hours" away to hike about three miles in the Longtan Valley. It was beautiful to be there and see the creation that God made. We hiked up the mountain around the river and rode on a car/tram thing down. I really don't have much to say about it... but we did meet a family at the top that we got our pictures with. It was an extended family with two girls, a boy, a few adults, and a grandma. She was very sweet! After we got back down from the mountain, we saw them at a restaurant, the grandma got my attention and smiled. She was so sweet!