Thank you for visiting my blog! As you may know, I am going to Luoyang, China to visit Maria's Big House of Hope in August 2009 to care for orphans. This blog will reflect my journey through my travel to China and beyond - wherever God calls me. Please join me in caring God's children and orphans worldwide!

Monday, August 3, 2009

How Great is Our God?

Very great! Last night during devotion time, one of our guides, Marcio, played the guitar and we sang worship songs to the Lord. I have never felt God so much while singing a song in a Communist country where Christianity is not only frowned upon but illegal. The song that got me the most was was Great is Our God.
 
This song means everything to me, a few years back, I became a Christian during this song while I was at Camp Geneva. I remember telling myself that He is great and awesome. I told Him that because He accepted me as His child even though I had sinned and was an orphan, all alone. I told Him that I would love the orphans and the oppressed. I could see He is great when I looked at all of the children, when I stood atop the Great Wall and looked down on all of His creation, when I flew over Canada, Greenland, and Mongolia, when I saw the desert in China turn to mountains, when I saw a child in my arms smiling while I kissed and hugged him. Everyone should play this song, whether on Youtube, on a CD, or an iPod and just sing and give their all to God. Give yourself to Him and let Him fill your life and you turn yourself to Him.
 
This has been the most amazing experience. I will definetly move here in the future and follow the plan that God has created for me. I think that when our hearts break, when the shatter into pieces with pain of the things that we have experienced and the things that we have seen, He picks us up and puts us together. But before that He plants seeds of love, of hope, and of faith so that we may honor Him by caring for others. When the tree grows up, it produces fruit and that fruit is carried on to many people that need Him. My heart has been broken but I am being picked up. I am a child of the King and I am loving every minute of it. He created me for a purpose and I believe that I have found in here in China. I hope to spread what God has given me to all of these children! How great is our God!
 
Please read the passage Ephesians 3:14-21. i flipped to that page on the plane ride here and I think that it describes what we are doing here in China. God bless you all!