Our time at Maria's Big House was unfortunately coming to a close, we went to visit the local orphanage, where many of the children at Maria's Big House came from. I cannot disclose information about the orphanage online, however.
Later that day, the rest of the group decided to head into town for Chinese foot massages and dinner. I just wanted to relax by myself and play with some of the children (mainly Roger), so Amanda and I opted to stay back. We spent most of our time with the kids and just hanging around. We got to experience four new additions to the Maria's Big House family (she saw more than I, as I was playing with some of the other kids). We decided to stay in the rooms until the ayis put the children to bed, this was a great choice! We saw the shift change and the hustle and bustle of the rounds of the doctors and nurses. One ayi turned on some Chinese music and we started to dance, Roger and I and Amanda with Theo. It was nice to just hang out and see what life was really like at Maria's without twenty extra people around. We left the rooms around eight to eat dinner and after watching the kids sleep through the window, we headed to the empty 5th floor to sit on one of the balconies until the rest of the group came. I am so glad that I opted not to go get a foot massage, who else can say they danced with an orphan?