Thank you for visiting my blog! As you may know, I am going to Luoyang, China to visit Maria's Big House of Hope in August 2009 to care for orphans. This blog will reflect my journey through my travel to China and beyond - wherever God calls me. Please join me in caring God's children and orphans worldwide!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 3: Playing with Kids, Cleaning the "Shed", and... a Special Friend!



Our first "real" work day was actually pretty fun. I woke up pretty early (around 5:30 or so...), got ready, and played with the kids (and gave them... and the nannies some rockin' sunglasses!) (I met a special little friend that day also) until it was time to clean out the donation "shed" (they called it a shed but I swear that it was a warehouse). The shed was really dusty and we were caked with mud and dirt by the time we were done. Our job was to sort all of the donations into three "piles": Luoyang, rubbish, and keep here. That was the long version of our job but we got it done really fast which meant more time with babies!

Earlier that morning, Amanda and I decided to head upstairs to one of the isolation rooms. It was in one of these rooms that I met the first love of the trip. When I walked in she was sitting in a little baby chair playing with a few toys, perfectly content. I went over to her to play with her and then I noticed what a beautiful girl she was. I picked her up and I noticed her eyes. They just stared deeply into my own, too deeply it seemed for a little girl to. I read her shirt, it said "Daddy's Little Princes". She is truly Daddy's Little Princess! A sudden thought hit me as I knew that God was the Daddy to all of these children. He loved them so much even though they had been rejected and abandoned. It reminded me of the verse John 14:18 - "I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you." That is God's promise to the orphans - and all of us.

Galatians 4:6 "And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.”