Monday, January 25, 2010
Gone For a While...
I haven't written for a while... I guess that I haven't had time or maybe I just didn't want to but, I felt like writing... I don't know why, but, hey, I'm going to...
The past few months or so have been difficult for me, I don't know if its because I have been missing China or what but my life has taken a "dip". I don't have a 4.0 GPA anymore and have been stressed out and tired from November to January. I was stressing myself out much and was constantly worried about everything. Then, last week Sunday, the night before my first exams I decided to talk to God to leave everything at the Cross... my faith was so strong when I came back from China but gradually, that faith and desire and passion went away, that spiritual high that I had on the trip was gone. But it has come back, gradually, but stronger than before. I have begun reading my Bible again... eating it up, I just can't get enough, I can't the words Jesus said, "You can't live on bread and butter alone," out of my head - it is that true. I am able to pray for hours on end.
This little time "without God" has reminded me of the story of the Prodigal Son, where the father accepts the son back when he has been gone for years. Although I was really not gone, I had grown apart from God and He accepted me back because of His love and grace. It is my prayer that all who read this see that God will allow he or she to come back to Him - as His children.
I don't know where God is going to lead me but I know that I will trust Him with my life.
"God saved you by His grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the things we have done so none of us can boast about it. For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." ~ Ephesians 2:8-10