Thank you for visiting my blog! As you may know, I am going to Luoyang, China to visit Maria's Big House of Hope in August 2009 to care for orphans. This blog will reflect my journey through my travel to China and beyond - wherever God calls me. Please join me in caring God's children and orphans worldwide!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Home from China!
Hey, everyone! I am home from China! I will update this blog in more detail either today or later this week! Thanks for all of the prayers!
The links underneath are the places that I will be headed to in my 2009 journey to China! Please visit these websites by clicking on the picture!
Show Hope
Founded by Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife, Mary Beth; I am going to China with this organization
Maria's Big House of Hope
Funded by Show Hope and the New Hope Foundation
New Hope Foundation
Bethel Training Center for the Blind
Why China?
China has over 15 million orphans. Many are girls and some boys with special needs that have been abandoned. The children are then placed in orphanages with only a small hope of ever having a family. For more information visit: http://www.achildsdesire.org/chinaadopt.htm
James 1:27
"Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us."
Roger
Roger and Me
My CP buddy, who I love!
Roger and Me
Playing with bubbles... love his face!
Psalm 68:5-6
"Father to the fatherless, defender of the widows, this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families; he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy."